Launched by the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) in November 2017, the National Clearinghouse on Homeless Youth and Families (NCHYF) is a national resource for organizations whose programs and services support youth who are at risk of experiencing homelessness, those contemplating running away and their families. NCHYF is managed by the Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Program within the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB), which is part of the Administration for Children and Families within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
We offer a wide variety of resources that help youth-serving organizations, including those funded by FYSB, to improve program implementation, measure their effectiveness, enhance interactions with their clients, and obtain information about possible funding sources. Browse the NCHYF for:
- Frequently updated list of funding opportunities
- Relevant research and evidence-based practices
- RHY screening and assessment tools
- Links to trainings and e-learning courses
- Data visualizations and infographics on youth homelessness
- Podcasts from innovators in the RHY research and advocacy community
- Links to products and services offered by FYSB and other organizations
- Tools to help grantees fulfill their responsibilities and do their work more efficiently and effectively.
Visit FYSB’s other program area, the Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) program and its clearinghouse (The Exchange), for information related to issues that intersect with youth experiencing or at risk of homelessness or contemplating runaway and their program.
Whether you work in a youth-serving organization or are interested in learning more about the issues facing these youth and the circumstances that contribute to their running away or becoming homeless, NCHYF can provide resources and information to meet your needs.
NCHYF welcomes your inquiries and feedback. Please get in touch! We look forward to hearing from you!
National Clearinghouse on Homeless Youth & Families
2310 Parklake Drive, Suite 148
Atlanta, GA 30345
Toll-free phone: 833-GET-RHYi (833-438-7494)